03 July 2006

Flag Burning

As you should know by now, all you regular readers of my blog..

Ok, I'll start again.

I am a big fan of dilbert, and the Scott Adams blog, and the most recent contraversial topic is the new law they are trying to bring into place for the burning of the american flag.

Personally I can see why people get upset about flag burning, but banning flag burning?

This kinda reminds me about an old law in the uk, so old in fact that most people dont even know it exists.

An old guy in North Yorkshire (a County in England, Counties are kinda like states but smaller) Was taken to court because he put a Yorkshire flag up in his garden. Apparently this is Illegal in our country, you are not allowed to raise your counties flag on your property, this is a law that was raised hundereds of years ago, when there was still feuding, and yet the council thought it appropriate to threaten some old guy who was infact supporting his local cricket team?

SHAME ON THEM.

I think the new American law is a hge insight into the current American Governments priorities, or a devious attempt to focus the public on something other than their poor healthcare system, floundering economy, poorly rated education system and so on. I think the US Gov'nt should spend a bit more time focusing on the real problems and a bit less time on the destruction of cloth with certain designs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»