10 November 2008

Michael Crichton Died Age 66

I was sad to learn today that one of my all time favorite writers Michael Crichton passed away today aged 66. The writer, famous for films as diverse as Jurassic Park and Andromeda strain succumbed to cancer last week.

My heartfelt condolences go out to the families and hope that some solice lays in the fact that his work will continue to entertain hundreds of thousands around the world for decades to come. A feat achieved by few other people, let alone authors.

His work always cast a skeptical yet raelistic glance against both Technology and fantacism, with a huge amount of abuse coming from gobal warming enthusiasts after he used his analytical brain to argue his case as he did with matters of technology.

It is a sad day for the fiction community and I can only but hope that a writer of such intelligence arises again during my lifetime.

No comments: